I found it's pretty easy to setup Gmail in your cell if you are using a Symbian operated Smartphone. All the smartphones from Nokia use symbian operating system and also many other giants like SonyEricsson. It's really amazing how easily you can access your Gmail account from your Symbian operated cell phone.
Here goes the procedure to setup Gmail in Symbian phones:
- Go to "Messaging"
- Then Option>Settings>E-mail
- Enter "Mailboxes" --> Select "New mailbox"
- User name will be your full email address
- Type your Gmail password
- Incoming Mail server: pop.gmail.com
- Access point in use: Always Ask
- Mailbox name: Anything you want
- Mailbox type: POP3
- Security (ports): SSL/TLS
- Port: Default
- APOP secure login: Off
- Outgoing options are all the same just with one difference that is Outgoing mail server which is: smtp.gmail.com
Hope this helps. If you find any difficulties setting it up, feel free to ask.