Skip to main content

You are tagged!!

Well... Tagging in blog is a common fashion I guess. Many days back I was tagged by an Egyptian blogger. She doesn't blog that much now. That was the 1st time. Today one of my blogger friend Mahmud reminded me of this culture again by tagging me in his blog. So let's do it!

Rules of Tagging:
  • Tell your readers 10 things about yourself that they may or may not know, but are true.
  • Tag 10 people with the award, and be sure to let them know they’ve been tagged (a quick comment on their blog will do).
  • Link back to the blogger who tagged you.
Alright. Now here goes the 10 things about myself that I would like to share with you guys:
  1. I love to sleep. And my sleep is too deep to be broken by a mere alarm.
  2. I like to travel and I'm never tired of that.
  3. I love my hometown (Chittagong) a lot and it gets hard for me if I don't visit it atleast twice a month.
  4. I cannot stand too much cold.
  5. Everytime I buy a shade I lose it within 1 or two weeks. That's why I don't buy it now. I borrow it from my friends and often against their will.
  6. I hate Apple (the company).
  7. Sometimes I think a lot and sometimes I just don't think at all.
  8. I have a little patience.
  9. I have a bad memory. I forget things very quickly.
  10. I want to be rich enough someday in near future atleast to be able to visit the places I want to see around the world.
Well... That's pretty much I guess. If I do this tagging thing again in future I will make sure that I don't repeat these things.

This is what given to me by Mahmud:


This is real cute I must say. Thank you very much Mahmud. And now I'm giving away this award to 10 people I would always remember whenever I hear the word - "Blog":

Lydia
Şenay
Robin
Mahmud
Grayquill
Betsey
Christine
Lopa
Farjana
Carlos

I want to give a brief intro about these 10 people I tagged:

Lydia: I call her Aunt. She is probably the best gift I ever had in this Blogosphere.

Şenay: My blogger friend from Turkey. She closed her old blog. That's why I couldn't link her blog. Probably she will open a new blog very soon and I will give the link as soon as I know the address.

Robin: One of my very first inspiration in blogging. Her link also unavailable right now.

Mahmud: The one who tagged me. A natural writer. A good friend.

Grayquill: I respect this guy for his straight-forward opinions.

Betsey: If anyone reads her blog I'm sure he/she will get the idea about the beauty of her thoughts.

Christine: What's better than inspiring people? She's a life-coach. I'm a fan of the quotations she mentions in her blog.

Lopa: Got to know her very recently via Mahmud. Well... to be honest... I was feeling happier and happier when I was going through her writings... An interesting blogger!

Farjana: She is also a new friend to me. She is a free-thinker I guess. Her writings told me that.

Carlos: I'm fan of his photography!

As per the rule I would like to request to all my tagged friends to follow the rules of tagging, write a post like this and accept the awards.

It's beautiful how we get to know each other in blog. It's more beautiful how easily we can link each other!



Comments

  1. What a fun tag post, Riyadh! I am honored by your comments about me and I hope you are able to travel here for us to meet one day. Regarding your #1 thing about yourself.....I am exactly that way, too! One time my husband and I slept through fire truck sirens as they arrived to put out a huge fire in a church very near our apartment. What woke me up were the crazy lights flashing on the walls in our bedroom (both from the fire trucks and the fire)!

    I will work on my tag questions later in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wao, the idea is really nice to create a fun circle :) I would try to do the same from my new English blog :)

    Thanks for tagging me and its really nice to know 10 honest things about co-bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Riyadh... nicely done tag.
    You know, I rarely find any BD blogger over here. But this time I would move forward taking you with me iA :)

    You are a born traveler... lots of plans :D :D
    Good!

    Thanks for the mentioning my name :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks buddy. I'm already tagged by Faisal. Hope to write soon. Thanks for the intro!

    By the way, you seem to have deleted the tag notification from the comment section of my latest post. What's wrong? ;)

    Take care, bro!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Aunt: Haha... I'm not alone I see! :D Well... I'm very notorious for my unusual depth of sleep. There are many many incidents that would probably make you laugh. I hope I will recollect some of them and put them together in a post someday.

    And I'm sure I will meet you oneday. Just keep giving me hope. Like you always do Aunt. Thanks a lot. And a lot love from me.

    @Jajabor: Thanks for stopping by and I'm really waiting to know your 10 things! Write soon!

    @Mahmud: Well.. Thanks bro. It was you who inspired me for making this done. So we all are grateful to you. And yah.. lots of plans :D. Pray for me bro.

    @Mind writer: I have already read your post and just about to put my comment there. And about the "tag notification". Actually I didn't understand a thing. Could you please help me out sista!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You didn't understand what? The Tiger Shark story? Or my 10 things? Ask me anything if you want to know specifically... I actually didn't understand what you didn't understand! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually I didn't understand your previous comment.
    "By the way, you seem to have deleted the tag notification from the comment section of my latest post. What's wrong? ;)"
    This part. Have I really deleted something? Sorry for being so dumb. :P

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I got it. I got this email notification on Gmail.

    M Riyadh Sharif has left a new comment on your post "In Memory of My Tiger Shark":

    I guess we are from same neighborhood! You are tagged in my post

    Check it out!

    Posted by M Riyadh Sharif to My Envision at Monday, August 09, 2010 11:25:00 PM


    When I checked the post comments, it wasn't there. So I thought you might've deleted it. Or it didn't get posted for some reason/problem in Blogger.

    I guess the confusion in clear now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh.... Now I got it... It was about the poor internet connection. My comment wasn't getting posted that day so I did it 2/3 times. And I deleted one as I thought there was a double copy of my comment.

    Thanks for the clarification. It's all clear now :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Heroin: The Deadly Addiction

“People believe that heroin is super, but you lose everything: job, parents, friends, confidence, your home. Lying and stealing become a habit. You no longer respect anyone or anything.”- Pete

"Heroin", one of the deadliest drugs of this world. According to BBC, there are 50 million regular users of heroin, cocaine and synthetic drugs worldwide. In most cases, these 50 million users didn't even realize when they became addicted. They started taking it as fun, as experiment, as accompanying someone who was already addicted.
Let's hear it from the voice of some people who eventually got addicted to heroin. For privacy issue, names or any kind of IDs of those people are not disclosed here.
Story 1:
"Was already mentally addicted to oxy, with the beginning point of some mild physical addiction symptoms. Oxy was expensive though, and my tolerance was going up. One day I was with my friend (who has become the biggest heroin user I know fwiw) and we were getting some …

টং দোকান (Tong Dokan)

Since I moved here in Canada, I have been missing so many things... My family, my friends, that easy life where my parents used to take care of everything, those endless hangouts and so many other things... I even miss those things which I used to hate back in my country... like load shedding, traffic jams and so on... But I am not gonna write about these things... Today I will babble a bit about 'Tong Dokan'. I know those who don't know Bengali, don't have any idea what I am talking about... But don't worry... I will write a whole post about it now.. I am gonna tell about how this is related to my life, how this is related to every person in Bangladesh..
--------

A busy highway. There is a lot of noise. Loud horns from different type of vehicles. Apart from cars and buses, a lot of Rickshaws are moving slowly in the road. Some passers-by are anxiously looking left and right to cross the road. There are some banks and departmental stores beside the highway. A lot of …

What Color Is My Parachute?

Inspired by the 'Self Inventory' chapter of 'What Color Is Your Parachute?' by Richard N. Bolles, last night I started drawing my thoughts on paper. I wanted to identify my real passion. It turned out to be something else though. Something more important. It gave me a picture of how my life has changed over the last two decades. 

I explored my memory - as far as I could. I tried to think what I used to do when I was in primary school (Grade 1 to 5). Then what happened in high school (Grade 6 to 10), how things changed in college (Grade 11-12), during my Bachelors and Masters, and what impact did 'moving to Canada' have on me. Then the obvious ones - how my life has changed with marriage and parenthood.


Though I was not surprised to look at the outcome, I must admit - I was not very conscious about all the changes that happened over time. Over the last 10 years or so, the changes have been dramatic. I have achieved some important characteristics, but probably a…